Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Pigging out on Family Trip!

First off... let me justify my pigging out during this trip with my family... I went white water rafting down Ocoee River for 3 hours... I deserved all the yummies that followed the next couple of days... :) Here's half of my trip down the river with the names of the rapids :)


Ok... and now onto the food! Due do the fact that moving lots of pictures around can be quite... painful... these pictures are at random... not in the order they were consumed (over 3 days...)

my first Seafood Gumbo
This was SOOOOOO awesome with 8 shrimps, 4 oyster and some crab meat... It was a very generous portion that made someboddy VERY happy, there was also a bit of rice at the bottom :)

Escargots + pastry
Close-up
 Very oily, but the escargots were delicious~


Pork Belly
 Tasted like the pork inside 'juong,' it was very fattie!

Smoked Salmon Tarte
Just plain mouth watering deliciousness... I love smoked salmon and capers... and there was plenty of them on this tarte :)

Strawberry Sangria
Not my only drink on this trip... but the only one the parents know about... :) Aunt said that it tasted like cough medicine... haha...

Blooming Onion
We had two of these orders, but it seems the family isn't too fond of fried stuff... wasted about 2/3 of the second one...

My side salad...
Ribeye with mashed potato
My steak came out... too rare... as were my parent's lamb chop... the chef lost his touch that night!

Fried Cheesecake topped with bananas, strawberries and whipped cream!
Sadly, this was my only dessert from the trip, but it was good :) I love fried cheesecake!

Florentine chicken in crêpe
Great sauce, but big portion, I was only able to finished 1 and 1/2... My bro finished the rest :)

Assorted fried seafood, and... fried alligator meat.
I was so surprised that alligator meat actually tasted like chicken! It was yummy :)

Misc Oyster Platter
I didn't get to try, but gpa did and he loves it :)

No comments: