Monday, November 01, 2010

My Halloween Look for 2010 - Tim Burton's Corpse Bride: Emily


My interpretation of Tim Burton's Corpse Bride

First off, I just want to say that this costume was totally spontaneous. We were at Winner's when it was decided that I'm no longer doing the Grudge Lady and switching off to the corpse's bride. My friend YY was the one who spotted this kid's size 12 gown and I was convinced to try it... and it fits! It is a beautiful white dress with a very puffy bottom, but it is about 6 inches too short... (at least I'm taller than a 12 year old!!)

Next, we proceed to working on my head piece, since Emily has blue hair, I decided to find a wig... upon searching online I realized that the online stores are all out of stock for a decent priced blue wig.... BOOH!!! I would have gone with my natural black hair.... if I didn't find the 'Candy Girl' wig at Spirit Halloween the day after!! (I think it would have worked... right??)

To complete the bride look, I used some mini clips (in place of a tiara) and a squared neck scarf to make the veil... It worked :)

To create the bony arm on Emily I cut up some paper bones and taped it onto my black shirt and connected the shirt to the skeleton glove I had with a black hairtie. Because Emily had a pair of ripped white long gloves on her, I was able to cover up the part where the two meet with it. It was perfect! I also noticed that she had loose blue skin on her right ankle so I decided to put on a pair of blue socks to imitate it... :)

The final piece that I had worked on was the bouquet, although I know that her bouquet was not blue and purple... but it was the only ribbons I had avaiable to me at 10pm that night... so it will have to do... I made the 5 roses and taped it to a small pen I had and wrapped it with the green tape... The bride now has her bouquet, and it ready to chase her groom.... mukakakkakaka :D

Oh... and the makeup took 2 hours to apply the next day... :D I got this white cream makeup from the dollar store to create the white canvas.... although next time I do this, I will know the let it dry completely before applying makeup :)

Lastly, if you want to do this makeup check out audfaced on Youtube. I got the instructions from her video :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

really?

ellaH said...

really what? o.O