Tuesday, February 01, 2011

Happies~

Snowboarding twice in 2 weeks :D

First time boarding this season was at Horseshoe with James, Alan, Esther, Chris, Will, Jeff and Em!

I think it was the perfect way for me to start the season, since the runs are shorter it allows me to practise without getting too scared.. or so I thought... Surprisingly, I had picked up where I left off last season, and riding down that hill with my heels was almost second nature~ We also had very nice snow... Even though Em complained it was a little too sticky and the boards weren't gliding down as smoothly... Downer was that everyone skied, except for Em, Jeff and I so we didn't get to see much of the rest of the group, but we did meet up once and a while and had some good laughs :) Another thing was that Ronnie and Byron were at Blue instead of Horseshoe ughh... Last minute change of plans :(

The evening ended with us having dinner/snack at Richmond court, and food is always a good thing :)

The second time around we went to Blue Mountain. Again, the weather was flawless, but everyone tried out snowboarding. Unfortunately, Alan's arch and Will bad knee prevented them from snowboarding and they want back to skiing like maniacs down the hill! hehe... It was fun. It seems Chris had a natural talent with boarding. James, like me, was excellent on our heels... but not so much the toes! In fact, Em had to help us train a bit near the end... I am now comfortable toeing my way down :) Looking forward to more improvement this season. I kind of don't want the winter to end... However, I can do without the snow in the city... hehe...

No comments: