Friday, September 10, 2010

"Too Much Happiness"

So I had a preview of Rose's blog and decided to blog about a book I'm catching up on called "Too Much Happiness" and I have to say... It's a very depressing book so far... This book contains several short stories narrated by different women...I'm not sure if they are separate from each other or if it all comes together in the end... and I'm also not sure if I will be able to finish this book since it is a little too dark and depressing... Kinda reminds me of the book Em got me for Valentines Day last year called "A Thousand Splendid Suns." It was a touching story, but a little too sad~~ I think I'm much more into the happy, romance stuff... I get too attached to the character and it feels like when they suffer, I'm suffering with them...

On a brighter note... There are other books thats I'm working on such as "Rich Dad, Poor Dad", "What the Dog Saw", "Who Ordered this Truckload of Dung" and Mitch Albom's "Have a Little Faith." From the bookmarks in these books... I think I will most likely finish Rich Dad Poor Dad by 2011, but I'm not sure about the other ones... -_- I need to invest more time in my books!

2 comments:

crystaL said...

Ooo, sounds like I have another book to read! Haha o_O I'm into sad, dark stories.

And "Have a Little Faith" is a very easy read :) It's where I got my Blogname from lol

ellaH said...

I finished the second story... This is definately a different kind of read... a real downer.... don't read :P